Interested in cutting-edge technology? How about working at one of the most innovative companies in the world? Amazon is looking for highly skilled System Development Engineers to join our Load Balancing team in Sydney, Australia!
Our team is responsible for building automation tools and services to scale EC2 Networking's load balancing platform. Our platform powers Amazon Retail websites and AWS services worldwide, including DynamoDB, SQS, and S3. We automate everything from new data center deployments, load balancer qualifications, maintenance and upgrades, to monitoring the availability, security, and performance of load balancing solutions across Amazon.
We’re seeking Systems Development Engineers with experience in systems and infrastructure automation. A deep understanding of Linux, networking, and coding/scripting is essential. You should have a passion for working with new technologies and pushing the envelope on existing technologies. This is an excellent opportunity to join Amazon’s world-class technical teams, working with some of the best and brightest engineers while also developing your skills and furthering your career within one of the most dynamic, innovative and progressive technology companies in the world. In addition to a stimulating working environment, Amazon offers mentoring programs, regular tech talks with principal engineers, and a variety of career paths to pursue.
- Build large scale automation tools and services
- Solve complex technical problems with solutions that are testable, maintainable, and efficient
- Collaborate with networking and software development teams to improve and optimize the Amazon ecosystem
- Successfully develop technologies that improve a major portion of a product or service
- Work autonomously to define technical strategy, influence the team and drive change
- Automate and simplify team development, test, and operations processes
- Understand the team system architecture. Make technical trade-off decisions at application level
- Develop appropriate metrics to demonstrate performance and operational efficiency
- Mentor and develop your peers
- Participate in the interviewing process
- Support an engagement only pager rotation including weekends and holidays
Amazon is an Equal Opportunity-Affirmative Action Employer – Minority / Female / Disability / Vet Visit http://www.amazon.jobs for more information.