Data Center Operations designs, installs & maintains the world’s largest Cloud Computing Infrastructure.
We are looking for skilled Data Center Technician with a passion for technology to help us expand our Cloud to the next level.
Amazon Web Services (AWS) offers an exciting, dynamic and challenging environment encouraging creativity and personal development while maintaining AWS computing environments in a secure, scalable, and cost-effective manner.
Mid 2013, AWS S3 web service accepted its 2 trillionth object and that the service is regularly peaking at over 1.1 million requests per second.. To keep up with this demand on both disk and network capacity, we continue to expand our Data Centers in every region. Also, our content delivery AWS service, CloudFront, has expanded its Data Centers presence by over 50% worldwide in the last 12 months and are expecting to increase by a similar number over the next 12 months. This requires talented people to build & manage. We hope it is you!
At Amazon, career progression is part of our environment. We want you to progress. If your career path is in Systems, Network or Database Engineering, Software Development or maybe AWS Support, Technical Operations or perhaps Project Management, we will create a development plan to enable you to succeed reaching those goals. This begins on Day One!
Come and work for the world’s most Customer Centric Company.
The Opportunity: Data Center Technician
This role is a unique opportunity to work in some of the most cutting edge data centers in the world. Amazon data centers are large-scale high-density centers where you will be working on changing the face of Cloud technology in the region.
There is never a dull moment as each day presents itself with different challenges. Some of the key responsibilities you will undertake are:
- Work and meet SLA’s against assigned trouble tickets via a directed workflow
- First line touch point for hardware troubleshooting and technical issues
- Perform regular server hardware repairs(drives, motherboards etc)
- Carry out routine network, server hardware and OS related repairs
- Work with cross-functional teams on a regular basis to complete routine work
- Engage with Smart Hands in EU Regional POPs
- Adhere to security and safety best practices in the data center
- Participate in Data Center power & cooling events
- Participate in team meetings for metric analysis and daily/weekly goals achievement
- Identify and help create documentation for use globally
- Identify and help create process improvements relevant to the data center environment
- Perform server upgrades, rebuilds, scheduled works as required
- Interact with third party vendors & contractors
- Contribute to the development of other team members