Interested in Amazon Echo? We’re building the speech and language solutions behind Amazon Echo and other Amazon products and services. Come join us!
As the Research Manager for our new Turin Speech Development Center, you will be responsible for leading a team of scientists in the invention, design, development, testing, and deployment of speech and language technology components, supporting a range of products. This involves:
- Managing all aspects of the new development center
- Conducting and coordinating research leading to improved accuracy of automatic speech recognition (ASR) and/or natural language understanding (NLU) systems.
- Owning the strategic planning and project management for technical initiatives.
- Providing technical and scientific guidance to your team members.
- Conducting experiments and analyzing field data utilizing programming skills in C/C++ and Python.
- Communicating effectively with senior management as well as with colleagues from science, engineering and business backgrounds.
- Supporting the career development of your team members.
The successful candidate will have an established background in developing customer-facing experiences, a strong technical ability, excellent project management skills, great communication skills, and the motivation to achieve results in a fast-paced environment.