Amazon’s growth continues unabated. To support this growth globally, HR Services is driving to redesign our processes and tools for service globalization and infinite scalability. Whilst we will have teams in our organization that will work on large scale operational delivery, we also need expertise in specific areas such as project management, process excellence and quality amongst others. These domain experts will support delivery improvement and constant iteration based on their ability to understand the unique context of Amazon and be driven by the desire to deliver flawless and frustration free services to our end customers.
This position will focus in building and improving quality processes and running effective teams delivering against a high-paced environment with ambitious goals. The role will sit in the global HRS organization (Service Delivery) and report directly into the Hub Leader. The role holder will manage a small team of 4-6 direct reports in order to deliver against key operational objectives.
The successful manager will be a strong quality leader with a background in building and improving quality processes and running effective. This manager should be highly customer focused, obsessed with quality improvement, with a proven record of working effectively across functional organizations. S(H)e must be a strong hands on manager with the ability to build a quality improvement strategy based on a data driven approach. The manager will be a strong quality advocate with an excellent planning and optimization mindset. Position Description
The Quality Manager is
a newly created role to build world class Quality processes, metrics, tools, and solutions for HRS SD.
As a Quality Manager, you will lead a team of Quality Specialists tasked with building a world class Quality operation to help drive quality and customer experience. You will continually raise the bar on both quality and performance.
You will be responsible to identify, drive and monitor quality metrics. You will set quality goals for the organization and ensure they are achieved. In this role, you and your team will collaborate with numerous teams (Operations, Training, ACES, etc) to create and execute a Quality roadmap to improve both quality and performance. You will identify the right inputs to achieve meaningful outputs, implement closed loop processes and measures to ensure improvements are realized. You will have proven ability to assess situations and guide teams toward both short-term and long-term systemic changes. You will experience a wide range of problem solving situations, strategic to real-time, requiring extensive use of data collection and analysis.
You will also prepare regular program updates to the hub leader and senior management. You will develop an effective feedback strategy that conveys progress and maintains engagement from our team and our stakeholders.
In this role, you will:
1. Develop a high performing team of Quality Specialists and build their engagement.
2. Develop and execute against a quality strategy for delivering the highest quality.
3. Be responsible for development of improvement strategies with defined measurable metrics to gauge success.
4. Provide clear and concise quality assessments, along improvement plans as needed.
5. Build a Zero Defect culture by identifying and managing root-causes.
6. Develop robust quality feedback loops into coaching sessions, training, analytics, and process to drive continuous improvement (in partnership with ACES)
7. Establish quality standards and processes.
8. Identify and analyze data to isolate issues, identify trends, develop solutions and prioritize opportunities for overall improvements.
9. Provide meaningful program reports and write ups.
10. Set direction/goals for the Quality Specialists.
11. Set and Quality goals/metrics for the HRS SD teams, by role, region and pod.
12. Verify Quality Metrics in place and meet goals, trigger corrective actions as appropriate
13. Lead and support problem solving activities for quality issues.
S(he) should thrive and have demonstrated success in an environment which offers ambiguously defined problems, big challenges, and quick changes. S(he) will be expected to balance detailed execution with speed and possess collaborative skills.. S(he) should have excellent business and communication skills. Cross-team coordination, project management, and executive presentation skills are essential.
The ideal candidate will be comfortable in a fast-paced, multi-tasked, high-energy environment. This position requires a creative and analytical problem solver with a passion for excellence, customer service and people management. Candidate Profile
Strong business acumen with exceptional technical, The ideal candidate actively seeks to understand Amazon core business values and initiatives, and translate those into forward looking solutions. S(h)e will be comfortable in a fast-paced, multi-tasked, high-energy environment and will display creative and analytical problem solving skills. S(h)e person will possess a proven track record of delivering quality programs at scale and with high levels of performance. The ability to prioritize multiple deliverables to meet customer and business needs is critical for this role. Must have lead a team of 4+ program managers/engineers in quality programs delivering large scale value addition with quality improvement.