Do you have both broad and deep knowledge of networking, virtualization, operating systems, application architectures, web applications, LOB apps, databases, and the new scale-out style of applications designed for the cloud? Do you have a passion for helping government agencies and educational institutions to implement innovative IT solutions? Do you have a knack for helping customers to build a deep understanding of new cloud platforms and application architectures, and the consultative and leadership skills to launch cloud computing projects on trajectories to success? Are you knowledgeable about security best practices for applications, servers, and networks?
Amazon Web Services (AWS) is looking for highly skilled and motivated Solution Architects to help accelerate our growing public business in Germany. Government, education and nonprofit organizations face unique challenges to accomplish complex missions with limited resources. You would be part of a dynamic team bringing the latest in disruptive, cut-edge cloud computing technologies to public sector leaders that want to serve citizens more effectively, achieve scientific breakthroughs, reach broader constituents and put more of their time and resources into their core missions. More info https://aws.amazon.com/de/government-education
As a Public Sector Solution Architect within Amazon Web Services, you will have the opportunity to shape and deliver on a strategy to build mind share and broad usage of AWS's utility computing services (such as Amazon Elastic Compute Cloud (EC2), Amazon Simple Storage Service (S3), Amazon DynamoDB, Amazon Elastic MapReduce, and Amazon CloudFront) within public sector organizations and the larger ecosystem that supports them. Your broad responsibilities will include: owning the technical engagement, removing technical account management blockers, defining implementation and transition architectures, responding to RFIs and RFPs, and achieving ultimate success around specific technical projects. To achieve those goals—and building on your broad background and technical breadth and depth in security, networking, operating systems, storage, and application architecture –you will develop expertise in all AWS technologies, and deep understanding of how customer applications and services are best built and operated on the AWS cloud computing platform.
The ideal candidate will … Enjoy working with public sector customers and partners.
You will have a passion for educating, training, designing, and building cloud computing systems for some of the world’s largest and most important government, education and non-profit organizations to reduce costs, drive efficiencies, and increase innovation across the globe. Have a strong understanding of government mandates, security, standards, and compliance for designing large scale cloud computing solutions.
The ideal candidate will have a variety of experiences working as an architect and systems or software or network engineer. You will enjoy keeping your existing technical skills and developing new ones, to the point that you can not only contribute to but lead deep architecture discussions around systems and applications in the cloud. You will regularly take part in deep-dive education and design exercises along with technical discussions to create world class systems for government agencies, educational institutions, and AWS partners who operate in the public sector space, including system integrators and ISVs. You will be happy to roll up your sleeves, learn the deep details of systems, possibly write some code, and generally do what it takes to achieve technical success for customers on the AWS platform. Roles & Responsibilities:
- Serve as a key member of the business development and account management team in helping to ensure agency and institution success in building and migrating applications, software and services on the AWS platform.
- Engage systems integrators and support their technical implementation efforts.
- Closely collaborate with AWS Account Management teams and support and promote APN Consulting and Technology Partners in order to deliver maximum customer value.
- Assist solution providers and government agencies with the definition and implementation of technical and business strategies that will enable them to sell more of their offerings on the AWS platform.
- Develop and deliver compelling presentations, product demos, sample solutions, and discussions to drive awareness and adoption of Amazon Web Services in the Public Sector
- Gain industry recognition and credibility as a regular attendee, panelist and keynote speaker at AWS and third party technology conferences, trade shows and press events
- Capture and share best-practice knowledge amongst the worldwide AWS solution architect community, as well as your public sector SA team.
- Understand the AWS market segments, customer base, and industry verticals in Germany