An ideal candidate has a background in transportation and excellent program management skills. He/she has the ability to lead and mentor people; analyze data and make sound recommendations in an often ambiguous environment. One of the main responsibilities in this role is to standardize and improve processes; while analyzing and eliminating root cause of defects within the current systems. This job will require exceptional communication skills and the ability to influence change at a local (facility) and global level.Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
• Manage and develop a team of 4-8 employees to carry out daily tasks to ensure exceptional transportation services.
• Strategic planning and forecasting, appraise performance, resolve problems, and address staffing needs.
• Responsible for the overall quality, performance and customer service for the EU Sort Center team; which provides continual, tactical communication with external customers (Carriers, Vendors/Suppliers) and internal customers (Retail, Finance, Software Support, Fulfillment Centers).
• Ability to scope out business and functional requirements for the Amazon tech teams who create and enhance the software systems and tools we use
• Work within various time constraints to meet critical business needs; while measuring and identifying activities performed.
• Ability to develop and share best practices with our Global Transportation Operations teams
• Ability to work some weekend shifts as needed (this team provides tactical support to Amazon’s fulfillment network 7 days/week).
* Please can you only apply with the English version of your CV*