Amazon's Consumables' team is looking for a bright, customer-obsessed, driven, and creative candidate with merchandising, analytical, vendor negotiation and organisational skills. The Associate Vendor Manager (AVM) will assist in the management of the categories and will assume management responsibility for select vendors and subcategories.
Your responsibilities will include the following:
· Manage and build comprehensive selection through strong vendor relationships.
· Coordinate and create launch plans for new vendors and products (including seasonal product assortments).
· Analyse sales and key metrics to identify business opportunities.
· Provide recommendations to improve sales and margin.
· Monitor and research industry and competitive trends.
· Support promotional activity of the category.
· Provide ad hoc and regular online content management, reporting, and analysis to help decision-making.
· Liaise with vendors and other operational departments to resolve product or supply-chain queries swiftly and accurately.
· Monitor, control and accelerate the set up of new products through all stages of the set up process.
· Drive process improvements to enable scalable growth.
This position offers a unique opportunity to work at the most innovative online retailer and to develop and build strong functional skills in vendor management, online merchandising/marketing, planning and forecasting, and business analysis.