Amazon’s overall mission is simple: it is to be the place where customers can find, discover and buy anything online. Whatever customers want, Amazon will find the means to deliver it. With your help, Amazon will continue to enable people to discover new worlds and implement innovation. This is your chance to make history.
Amazon is looking for a Media Relations Manager (f/m)
to support its business in Germany. We are looking for an experienced Communications Specialist who has a track record of managing a press office in a fast paced environment. This role requires a highly-intelligent, high-judgment, self-motivated and creative communications professional. The Media Relations Manager will be responsible for day-to-day running of the Amazon press office.
Working closely with our retained PR agency to devise and implement strategies which enhance the reputation of Amazon’s offering, this individual will have the ability to work at internet-speed and have a track record of generating results as well as extensive experience in dealing with media contacts and national news desks. The Corporate Communications Manager will have the ability to not only handle in-bound requests but also has the skills to be proactive with media outreach and news generation.
The successful candidate (f/m) will benefit from a highly competitive salary and benefits package. Key tasks will include:
- Managing the Amazon press office including handling of in-bound requests and proactive media outreach
- Developing and managing the execution of strategic public relations programs in support of Amazon’s business in Germany
- Delivering communications counsel to internal executives on both short- and long-term challenges and opportunities
- Effectively representing Amazon as a spokesperson
- Building excellent relationships with key media and bloggers
- Liaising with the EU and the US rapid response team to ensure company wide communication
- Creating and updating proactive communication materials