Work hard. Have fun. Make history.
Our overall mission is simple: We want Amazon to be the place where our customers can find, discover and buy anything online. Whatever our customers want, we will find the means to deliver it. With your help, Amazon will continue to enable people to discover new worlds and implement innovation. This is your chance to make history.
Amazon is looking for a smart, team-oriented, highly analytical leader to join the German, Munich based Home team as Senior Vendor Manager (m/f) Office Products.
The role comprises owning the category responsibility for key office products categories, continuously improving office customer experience, driving category profitability, grow the category and expanding our partnerships with key brands as well as working closely with our supply chain and advertising teams to deliver great results.
The best candidate will have a broad skill set including strong vendor management and negotiations skills, leadership development, analytical horsepower, excellent business judgment, deep curiosity about how things work, and a passion for creating a world class shopping experience for our customers. You must be willing to challenge the status quo in order to improve existing workflows and processes to enhance customer experience.
You will work with vendors of large size and must have the leadership presence and communication skills to represent the category across departments. Experience in retail business, analytics, strategic thinking, negotiations and operations are required. This is how you can contribute to our success
- Lead and develop the printing consumables and paper category in Office Products
- Build strong and sustainable relationships at an executive level with our vendors. Find creative solutions in negotiations and facilitate discussions in order to drive profitable growth
- Improve the customer experience by helping customers navigate digital and physical waters, optimize our mobile offering, and getting the basics right (price, selection, convenience)
- As a leader within the business you will share best practice across categories, also contributing to the international know how
- Turn in-depth analysis into strategic insight, present these in convincing figures and turn them into action
- Seek out ways to automate and simplify manual processes in order to improve productivity
- Work closely with the Marketplace, Prime, supply chain and advertising teams to align all efforts and deliver results