As one of the largest e-commerce companies in the world, Amazon processes billions of secure on-line transactions via a number of payment mechanisms, including credit cards, direct debit and electronic gift certificates. Transactions are processed on behalf of thousands of merchants, including Amazon.com. Amazon is known across the globe as the most trusted company on the Internet. We are committed to delivering an exceptional customer experience.
Payments Business Operations Team supports the larger payments teams including software development, product management and technical operations. The Business Operations team is the first contact for payment transactional issues, receiving escalations from internal clients such as Customer Service, Finance, Accounting and Fraud as well as third party partners and banks relied upon to process payments. Additionally this team is responsible for driving operational efficiencies and escalation reduction opportunities. This team also manages the operational relationship with third party payment partners, advocating for customer experience and driving operational improvements.
This role is responsible for driving projects supporting international expansion, managing relationships with internal and external teams, and driving operational excellence as part of post launch support. In addition to driving international expansion, this role is required to serve as a hands-on analyst, resolving escalations, grounding and driving improvement projects to improve customer experience.
The ideal candidate is a motivated self-starter that can work independently in a fast paced, ambiguous environment with limited supervision. He or she must be a fast learner, who can quickly absorb the nuances of Amazon's varied payment offerings as well as the behavior of Amazon's internal systems. He or she will be analytical in their decision making, with the demonstrated ability to drive issues to completion and have a passion for supplying their clients with data. Experience with the payments industry is preferred. Primary Responsibilities
- Work in a deep area of coverage on complex issues, routinely working on issues that impact large number of customers and driving root cause resolution with engineering teams and/or external partners.
- Engage with Customer services teams to drive setup of customer payment escalation workflows.
- Deliver moderately-complex medium to large scale projects from implementation through delivery and ongoing support with global expansion in mind.
- Dive deep into payments customer escalation workflows, determine root causes issues, and develop and execute on solutions to improve the customer payments experience.
- Identify and evaluate potential risks/obstacles with minimal direction from senior program managers. Determines appropriate corrective action.
- Proactively drive customer experience and operational excellence of payment methods used by Amazon customers.
- Goes deep in own area and competently drives complex technical issues with engineering teams and partners.
- Successfully build business requirements that technical teams use to implement projects you sponsor.
- Applies proficient knowledge of core technology and/or functional area to manage program within schedule constraints.
- Influences policies and processes for the payments organization.
- Frequently mentor and coach junior team members to improve their competencies and knowledge base.
By submitting your resume and application information, you authorize Amazon to transmit and store your information in the Amazon group of companies' world-wide recruitment database, and to circulate that information as necessary for the purpose of evaluating your qualifications for this or other job vacancies.