Amazon is seeking an Team Manager to build out and manage a Data Associate team, in Berlin, in support of our German speech and language technology,which powers Amazon Alexa Products.
The Team Manager will be responsible for working with third-party agencies and Human Resources to recruit team members and establish efficient onboarding practices. He or she will receive regular directives from relevant Program Managers on weekly deliverables to deliver on key language data workflows.
The Team Manager will work with on-site and off-site Data Specialists to coordinate team trainings on key language data workflows (e.g. transcription, annotation) and will be responsible for monitoring accuracy and throughput across his or her team to meet weekly deliverables.
The Team Manager must have a passion for data, efficiency, and accuracy. Specifically, the Team Manager will:
- Manage the operations floor on a day-to-day basis covering approximately 20 -30 Data Associates
- Coordinate with the site manager for space planning and IT support.
- Manage relationship with agencies and onsite HR to find qualified Associates under strict deadlines.
- Partner with remote Data Specialists to receive workflow priorities and appropriate training materials.
- Manage both on-site and remote team members as necessary to meet headcount demands.
- Communicate effectively in both German and English.
- Adapt quickly to changing specifications and workflows.
- Build weekly work schedules, balancing tasks as per the current demand.
- Build daily and weekly status reports from metrics databases for communication to stakeholders.
- Track metrics around quality and productivity.