The Development Center Dresden
In 2012 Amazon expanded to Dresden with it being the home-base of the Amazon Development Center team. The Kernel and Operating System team creates the heart of EC2, the actual virtual compute instance definitions and Amazon Linux, the operating system for our cloud. Being part of Amazon means constantly driving innovation and working on complex technical challenges every day. Position
Amazon is looking for an experienced Software Development Manager, who will be leading a team of highly skilled developers and therefore have strategic impact on the business. Our Roadmap is bursting with opportunity for you to lead this team in solving intriguing challenges and tangibly impacting the customer experience. In this key role you will be responsible for developing and maintaining key components of our OS stack.
If you have passion for people management, solid technical knowledge and want to build solutions to challenging problems that directly affect millions of people: there may be no better place than Amazon for you to impact the world!
- After joining, you have quickly become a key partner to the leadership team, where you will understand its core business goals and priorities.
- In the first three months you have reviewed existing processes and you understand them.
- Throughout your job you will be guiding your team of 5+ developers to collaborate with internal teams and the Open Source community to improve the Linux OS components.
- In the upcoming months you will drive continual improvements to the efficiency and flexibility of the platform while keeping a high bar for security and availability.
- On top of that you will own key parts of the software stack that is running on nearly every Amazon server worldwide.