Amazon opened its virtual doors in 1995 and strives to be the world’s most customer-centric company, where customers can find and discover anything they might want to buy online. By giving customers more of what they want - low prices, vast selection, and convenience - Amazon.com continues to grow and evolve as a world-class e-commerce platform.
We are currently looking for a highly organized, efficient, creative and forward-thinking HR Business Partner to join our Kindle EU HR team. The candidate can be based in Berlin, Germany. Essential duties and responsibilities include:
Employee and business relations:
- Daily point of contact for employees (regular and flexible workforce) and people managers with respective client groups for queries and escalations, i.e. those that cannot be resolved by HR Shared Services;
- Assuring a smooth onboarding process and integration within the company for both types of workforces.
- Provide ongoing advice and support to managers and employees, interpret policies and procedures and applies judgment of application for their business;
- Keep abreast of changes to policies, legislation and process through working closely with the legal and Policy team and ensure that managers are receiving the correct advise;
- Administer company benefits programs where applicable;
- Maintain the confidentiality and completeness of employee personnel records in accordance with legal requirements and best practice;
- Develop actionable and proactive reports based on selected and agreed upon HR metrics;
- Design reports to key stakeholders summarizing the data and key trends;
- Develop, maintain, and continuously improve reporting processes for the HR community;
- Support development and conduction of various HR programs (ex.: New Hire Orientation, performance evaluation)
- Assist managers during probation periods to ensure successful integration of new joiners;
- Support the employee performance cycle and provide HRBP support with the annual review & promotion process where practical;
- Take part in the review of off cycle and exception compensation requests that cannot be managed by the internal Shared Service Center;
- Support the internal mobility process in partnership with the TA team and HR Services;
- Support People managers in any disciplinary, performance improvement or grievance processes and subsequent meetings required engaging the legal team as required;
- Conduct exit interviews and provide insights into reasons for leaving;
- Partner with the Sr. HRBP on the execution of any org changes or change management initiatives as appropriate – i.e. provide managers and employees with the necessary tools to make the changes effective.