At Amazon, we're working to be the most customer-centric company on earth. Amazon Operations with its network of fulfillment centers is at the heart of what we do, delivering hundreds of thousands of items each day and fulfilling customer orders from all over the world. To get there, we need exceptionally talented, bright, and driven people. If you'd like to help us build the place to find and buy anything online, this is your chance to make history.
The Amazon Operations (Customer Fulfillment) Finance team is seeking a Senior Financial Analyst (m/f), Financial Planning & Analysis (FP&A)
for our fast growing supply chain and fulfillment network in Germany, Poland and Czech Republic
subsumed as the region Middle Europe (MEU).
You will work with multiple sites and departments as an advisor enabling decision making for the business. As part of this role you will have strong interaction with the MEU Operations and Supply Chain organization as well as other local and European Finance team. In this role you will influence and drive decisions as well as drive various financial analysis, planning and control activities for the MEU fulfillment center (FC) network and will support strategic initiatives that fuel Amazon's future growth. You will also transform and improve current finance processes (e.g. for planning, reporting and month-end close) to increase efficiency across the MEU Operations Finance team. This position will be located in our corporate headquarter in Munich and requires some travelling to local FCs across MEU. Key responsibilities:
The role will have broad responsibility for bringing analytic rigor to the process of evaluating and influencing operating performance. The Senior Financial Analyst FP&A MEU will specifically:
- Perform analysis of MEU Operations fulfillment network key performance drivers.
- Provide senior management with tools to better understand the key financial and business metrics.
- Revamp and improve financial reporting financial acumen of the broader organization and to drive improved performance management in Operations and better decision making.
- Drive excellence and transform existing FP&A processes (e.g. via automation, simplification, centralization, standardization and or) to better address business needs and to drive scale, ensuring effective collaboration across departments, and adapting effectively as Amazon grows its network of fulfilment centers.
- Perform Analyses to support expansion projects, new business initiatives, FC network topology, identify supply chain inefficiencies and run ad hoc analyses (e.g. on productivity across FCs).
- Support, own and run cost out process with local operations and finance teams.
- Work with regional controllers, business owners and other finance teams to drive business partnering, work on joint projects and reduce costs.