Amazon Marketplace drives the Selling On Amazon business and develops solutions that enable millions of sellers around the world to sell on Amazon's Marketplaces. One third of shipments for Amazon customers are generated from this business. Sellers on Amazon vary from individuals, who manually manage their businesses, to high-volume enterprises with IT staff that wish to develop real-time machine-to-machine software integration between their backend systems and Amazon. The Merchant Shipping Intelligence team is focused on building a technology platform that will support these individuals and high-volume enterprises to manage all of their shipping needs. The systems, applications and APIs that support Sellers on Amazon that the team builds operate at massive scale, must be highly available, and work on increasingly diverse and distributed devices securely. We strive to bring intelligence to the massive amount of data at our disposal to make managing shipping as easy as possible for these sellers.
Our rapidly growing team offers great opportunities for results-oriented individuals who know how to identify market needs and opportunities, define product objectives and plans, are focused on excellent customer experiences, and are experienced in driving functional specifications through the development process. This is your opportunity to make a big impact on the satisfaction of our sellers and the performance of our business.
As a Senior Software Development Engineer, you will have the opportunity to design, implement, and launch the next generation shipping management services that will drive Amazon's growth and provide a robust platform to launch Amazon business worldwide.
- Interface with a diverse customer base to understand requirements, priorities, and processes.
- Propose and implement new projects or recommend system improvements.
- Help develop long-term development and business technology strategies.
- Participate in the design, development, implementation, testing and documentation of large-scale, multi-tiered, distributed software applications, tools, systems and services using Java, Object Oriented Design and Distributed Programming.
- Translate functional requirements into robust, scalable, supportable solutions that work well within the overall system architecture.
- Participate in the full development cycle, end-to-end, from design, implementation, and testing to documentation, delivery and maintenance.
- Evaluate and make decisions around the use of new or existing software products and tools.
- Mentor junior development engineers.