Amazon is seeking an experienced and detail oriented leader to support the development of a Standards and Change Management team for EU Operations Engineering. The team supports new fulfillment capacity and expansion projects by defining and obtaining approval for standard bills of materials, processes, and layout components. Once established, the team is then responsible for managing change review and implementation via requests and lessons learnt from the field.
Successful candidates will be natural self-starters who have prior experience in fulfillment centers, working effectively with internal teams and working with procurement and vendors. This individual will provide leadership and best practices to project managers, engineers and project stakeholders by making effective data driven decisions, establishing processes and disseminating information as necessary to complete projects successfully. This individual needs to be comfortable interfacing with and influencing various functional teams and individuals at all levels of the organization. The successful candidate will lead a team and have the ability to push back on business owners where appropriate. This person must be able to manage constantly shifting priorities. Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Lead a team of Program Managers that work closely with various internal groups such as HR, IT, Safety etc. to clarify existing standards by building type and determine the most cost effective capital and capacity solutions
- Identify cost saving opportunities in the existing standards and work with procurement to manage tenders
- Implement systems and maintain consistent processes to define standard modules and bills of materials for each building type
- Assist in the Capital Appropriation Request (CAR) creation and capital management process
- Simplify processes to manage changes or additions to the established standards and maintain ownership of decision driven by the team and resolution of escalated items
- Provide leadership and direction to a team responsible for establishing project management best practices and change management controls
- Schedule and moderate multiple weekly standing meetings with internal teams to obtain or share information and approve changes
- Coordinate information between various teams in the organization.
- Understand operational processes.