- is looking for a proactive and independent Localization Engineer to help bring our Machine Translation platform to the next level. Your mission (and ours) is unique and powerful: empower our customers to be able to shop for any product in their native language in their home country.
We’re looking for that right combination of technical inquisitiveness and passion for natural languages. Someone who loves to play with large data sets and gain meaningful insights though experimentation. A successful candidate should be driven by the desire to productionize machine translation at Amazon scale, by building tools internally for our in-house Machine Translation solution, or customizing 3rd party Machine Translation platforms for our specific use.
As a Localization Engineer, you will build state of the art Machine Translation engines for translation of product data. A key skill will be the ability to work at the interface between applied research, software development and customers. You’ll contribute to the company’s broader vision – challenging and extending our thinking to ensure that we’re doing right both for our customers and our business. You’ll have ownership and accountability. Responsibilities
- Design and implement code to collect, analyze and prepare large natural language data sets.
- Participate in the development of in-house Machine Translation solutions, in particular by providing NLP expertise and feedback from production scenarios.
- Train and evaluate large vocabulary statistical models that are best suited for translation of product data.
- Improve the quality of Machine Translation through experimentation.
- Optimize integration of Machine Translation solutions into Amazon’s product localization workflow.