Amazon is growing fast and expanding internationally at an amazing pace. We are expanding the global HR risk and compliance team to support this growth, partnering with Amazon’s international business and support teams to manage related risk and maintain compliance with regulatory and business practice requirements in our Europe, Mideast, Africa (EMEA) and Asia (APAC) markets. This team will implement operational risk and compliance frameworks that meet strategic business objectives and provide an optimal customer experience. The candidate we are looking for will be located in one of our EU offices (Prague, London or Luxembourg)
Amazon applies the “three lines of defense” model to mobilize business managers, central risk and compliance management teams, and internal auditors to work together at different stages to provide increased protection against an ever-widening array of risks. We are looking for a risk manager to lead our second line of defense team through execution of end-to-end regulatory and risk programs supporting our EMEA/APAC HR service centers and labor related laws/regulations. The candidate will work with legal to interpret legal requirements, execute risk assessments; work with cross-organizational business and operational compliance teams (first line of defense) to document their requirements, processes and controls; implement business-level control validation; conduct ongoing inspections and report on business level compliance. When gaps are identified, this manager may project manage programs to remediate and oversee the build-out of long-term solutions. Responsibilities
· Partner with EMEA/APAC businesses, technology, legal and HR services teams to advise on new laws/regulation or business practices, assess regulatory and business risk implications, define new requirements and monitor implementation within supporting systems.
· Partner with other senior compliance managers locate around the globe to develop solutions that achieve risk and compliance objectives, provide an optimal customer experience, and scale to support future business growth.
· Participate in internal working groups consisting of Amazon business stakeholders to coordinate system configurations that support HR programs.
· Assist in the development of test plans for new or changing business requirement launches and related compliance testing.
· Identify system and process limitations that could lead to regulatory risks in new HR programs and services, and provide guidance for resolution and risk mitigation.
· Partner with risk, controls & testing teams to develop controls, monitoring programs and reports.
· Assist in building a comprehensive and sustainable compliance program for current and future businesses.
Work directly with business stakeholders to operationalize policies and guidelines and ensure adequate training.