The AWS OpsWorks team is looking for a senior product manager with a track record in defining and delivering products for the IT operations or software developer market. You will drive the strategy and product definition and closely interact with other AWS services like Amazon EC2 or Amazon CloudWatch.
AWS OpsWorks is a management service that makes it easy to operate applications of all shapes and sizes. Customers like DevOps engineers, system administrators, or IT operators use AWS OpsWorks to automate their deployment and software configuration in the Amazon cloud. Our goal is to build a simple and integrated solution that enables customers to leverage AWS with ease while maintaining full control of their infrastructure. If you’re passionate about the developer experience and are exited about the thought of working in cloud computing and building on top of AWS’ services, then we’d love to talk to you.
The OpsWorks team currently operates two public AWS services: AWS OpsWorks Stacks and AWS OpsWorks for Chef Automate. In addition, we are working on new AWS services that are still confidential.
You will be successful in this role if:
- You are passionate about software developers & engineers and making AWS easy to learn and use.
- You are a proponent of the DevOps movement and want to enable customers to create highly automated systems that solve their business needs.
- You are adept at working with engineering teams to translate customer needs into workable technology solutions that scale operationally.
- You are a pragmatic visionary that enjoys interacting with customers and internal stakeholders to formulate business strategies and shape product direction.
- You are comfortable with feature and requirements definition, customer interviews and surveys, metrics analysis, and competitive analysis. You are particularly adept at synthesizing these inputs into requirements definition.
- You are comfortable evangelizing technology including authoring blogs and speaking at conferences
This is a highly visible position that will interact at all levels of AWS. Your ability to communicate and influence others will be a key to success.
If you are a results-oriented, customer-focused product manager who gets excited about starting from scratch, running hard, and delivering compelling solutions for other software developers. Come join us in Berlin and become part of this unique opportunity.