Author, Agents and Vendor Relations Manager
Do you like challenging the status-quo and are looking to lead radical, transformative initiatives that make a tangible impact on the lives of authors and readers? Are you a customer-obsessed individual with a passion for solving problems and driving an innovative and fast growing business?
Kindle and Amazon's independent publishing platforms Kindle Direct Publishing (KDP) and CreateSpace have revolutionized reading and the way authors of any level can engage the millions of readers that shop on Amazon. Our Independent Publishing team's Author and Vendor Relations group helps to further the goal of having "every book, ever written, in any language, available in 60 seconds or less" by working directly with authors, publishers, and content providers to provide new incentives, programs, tools, and services to help them easily create, publish, and sell their work worldwide.
We are seeking a driven, influential, experienced professional to work directly with a specialized segment of authors and content providers in Germany. You will play a critical role to support our rapid growth in DE by working directly with authors to acquire new content while learning from them so that we can create the best-in-class customer experience and publishing support for authors. This is a unique opportunity to build and run programs from the ground-up for a vital segment of authors, and advocate on their behalf internally, turning pain-points into successful solutions.
The ideal candidate must be able to work at the strategic level (generating bold and innovative ideas for growth) and at the tactical level (expertly managing accounts, experience, operations, analyzing data, and problem solving). We are seeking someone with a demonstrated history of successful vendor/account/customer relations, using customer insight and data to identify and prioritize opportunities. Flexibility and the ability to prioritize in a fast-paced business environment will be a key to success. We seek an individual who is motivated by working in a goal-oriented, collaborative environment driven to achieve meaningful results for our authors.
- Generate support and open dialogue for Amazon's DE Kindle and Indie publishing ecosystem among key stakeholders in the German author, agent, and publishing community, educating through compelling presentations and product/service/feature demonstrations.
- Facilitating and encouraging positive discussions between DE authors, agents, content producers, and publishers for the purpose of driving Kindle content availability.
- Develop compelling business solutions that are mutually beneficial for authors, publishers, and Amazon, addressing the concerns of authors and agents enabling the expansion of Kindle title selection.
- Work closely with cross-functional teams across Amazon globally to develop and implement creative content merchandising, incentives, business models, and content opportunities, as well as educational programs for participating authors and publishers.
- Develop key, influential relationships and act as an Amazon ambassador within the DE publishing and content-creation community.
- Work with publishers on author-related questions about participating in established and emerging market segments.
- Represent the Voice of the Author to internal groups, maintaining feedback loops help business development, product management, and other teams continue to raise the bar on the author and reader experience on Kindle.
- Drive expedient support and resolution (along with root cause analysis) individually and with internal teams for critical issues affecting authors and readers.