The successful candidate will possess the following:
Professional traits that are not unique to this position, but necessary for Amazon managers:
- Demonstrated track record of success in developing successful partnerships with local governments, and other public and private stakeholder groups.
- Significant experience in managing infrastructure and workforce development issues for large scale projects.
- Leadership experience advancing a public policy agenda and strategy in Germany.
- A strong network of political stakeholders in Germany at a local and national level, with a demonstrated ability to effectively and comfortably interact at the highest corporate and political levels.
- An extensive understanding of the German political process and climate, with an informed European and global perspective, combined with sound and practical business judgment and common sense.
- An ability to anticipate emerging issues of importance to the company, communicating their impact to senior management, and developing a strategy to address them effectively.
- Ability to identify and understand key technical aspects pertaining to Amazon’s operations and persuasively communicate complex concepts and issues to external stakeholders.
- A demonstrated understanding of German law, especially regarding real estate, labour, transport, logistics and tax, is of advantage.
- A track record of effectively leveraging resources including internal teams, coalitions, associations, and other relevant organizations.
- The ability to manage a large number and variety of mission-critical projects, working independently and often in ambiguous environments.
- Highly effective oral, written and interpersonal communication skills.
- Self-starter with proven track record of successfully working with a wide array of functional groups across an organization and cultures.
- An advanced degree in Politics / Law / Economics with experience negotiating with public administrations is preferred.
- Ability to influence, negotiate with, and persuade others is required. Must be flexible and demonstrate strong judgment/decision-making skills, and political acumen.
- Fluency in German and English required. Working proficiency in additional working languages of the European Union would be an asset.
- Exhibits excellent business judgment
- Has relentlessly high standards
- Thinks strategically, but stays on top of tactical execution
- Expects and requires innovation of their team
- Thinks big and has convictions
- Is action and results oriented
- Is highly analytical and structured
- Has the innate ability to inspire passion in others
Amazon is an equal opportunities employer. We believe passionately that employing a diverse workforce is central to our success. We make recruiting decisions based on your experience and skills. We value your passion to discover, invent, simplify and build. We welcome applications from all members of society irrespective of age, sex, disability, sexual orientation, race, religion or belief.
By submitting your resume and application information, you authorize Amazon to transmit and store your information in the Amazon group of companies' world-wide recruitment database, and to circulate that information as necessary for the purpose of evaluating your qualifications for this or other job vacancies.