Amazon is seeking an experienced and business oriented Engineering Project Manager (m/f)
to lead the capacity, capital planning and project execution for the continued expansion of our EU fulfillment network. The role could be located in German Fulfillment Center.
Successful candidates will be natural self-starters who have Engineering Program and Project Management experience and passion. The role will understand the details of an Amazon Fulfillment Center design, implementation, modeling, estimating and managing new Fulfillment Center start-up’s. This individual will provide leadership in managing the build specifications; pre-contract work, internal teams and vendor relations. This individual will be responsible for managing critical path and helping other teams deliver network capacity on time. The Engineering Project Manager will have an entrepreneurial approach, will have high work capacity while being detailed oriented and agile to manage business changes and keep driving the initiatives. This individual needs to be comfortable interfacing and driving various functional teams and individuals at all levels of the organization in order to be successful. Job duties include:
- Work with internal Amazon teams and external vendors to deliver CAPEX projects and innovations to win business
- Conduct multiple weekly standing meetings with internal teams and vendors to plan & track deliverables.
- Evaluate and simplify current working procedures, improve structure and track deliverables.
- Lead technical design reviews and propose design solutions that meet both business needs and leverage global design standardization.
- Create, submit and track the relevant Capex documentation to ensure that all projects are delivered on time, within budget and best overall value.
- Deep dive on technical details and lead problem resolution on a need basis.
- Communicate project status, drive and elevate decision making and help requests.
- Lead critical path schedule items and escalate to leadership on potential risks and delays.
- Assist in engineering capacity management for EU.
- Assist in providing equipment projections to procurement and partner for best value and competition.
- Coordinate information between various teams in the organization.
- Own and develop technology innovations and solutions on a need basis.
- Work very closely with the Real Estate, IT and Operations teams from project start to project start-up.
- Understand the Operational process in detail, including the all the relevant WMS tools used on a daily basis.
We can offer you the chance to work with and for great people in a company where you can really make a difference. We also offer competitive compensation packages. If you would like to work for a fast growing global organization, giving you unlimited future career and development opportunities – then apply for Amazon.
We wait for your application.
For more information on Amazon Operations visit our microsite: http://www.amazon-operations.de