This position can be located in London, Munich or Luxembourg.
Do you want to be a critical part of the team building vertical market cloud strategies, content, and mechanisms focused on increasing the reach of cloud computing across stakeholders in the important vertical industries? Do you have industry background, technical depth, experience building vertical industry teams, and communication skills needed to help further establish Amazon Web Services as the leader in the industry?
AWS is looking for a Senior Manager for EMEA Vertical Industry Business Development
who understands how to design and execute a cross-industry GTM program, including building a cross-functional organization to identify business trends impacting key industries within EMEA. This leader will need to be passionate and capable of driving market development strategies across EMEA - leveraging the richness of the AWS cloud computing platform to position and drive the right technology solutions to enable the ecosystem and the changing industry needs.
Responsibilities will include building, developing, and leading a team of vertical industry specialists who will engage with key industry customers and strategic industry partners, attending and speaking at industry events, and facilitating the process to enable industry solutions across functions within AWS. You will enable the AWS account management teams to drive their day-to-day interactions with key prospects while increasing the overall knowledge of AWS value to strategic vertical industries to internal stakeholders. You will work closely with AWS Solutions Architects and global Solutions Builders to develop and promote cloud patterns and solutions for key industries. You will work closely with the AWS product/services teams as well as global vertical industry teams to drive the evolution of AWS offerings within the context of vertical industry needs.
The ideal candidate will have both a business and/or consulting background, with experience working within a vertical industry mindset and customer engagement model - enabling them to drive engagement and interact at the CxO/VP level within strategic accounts while also building and developing a team of senior, talented industry specialists. He/she should have a demonstrated ability to think strategically and analytically about business, product, and technical challenges, with the ability to build and convey compelling value propositions, and work cross-organizationally to build consensus. A keen sense of ownership, drive, and scrappiness is a must.Roles & Responsibilities:
- Serve as a key member of the Business Development leadership team (reporting to the Director of Business Development in EMEA) to drive overall AWS market and technical strategy for strategic industries.
- Define and execute on a strategic market development plan and ensure it is in line with the AWS strategic direction, in partnership with key internal stakeholders (e.g. EMEA leadership, account management teams, service teams, legal, support, etc.)
- Define and size segments, identify and engage key customers, and identify and engage key partners including ISVs and system integrators
- Build business development pipeline by engaging with key prospects and partners
- Understand the technical requirements of our customers and work closely with the internal development teams to guide the direction of our product offerings for developers
- Present business reviews to the senior management team regarding progress and roadblocks to expanding our reach in the industry
- Manage complex contract negotiations and liaise with the legal group
- Handle a high volume of engagements in the fast pace of the cloud computing market.