Amazon's IT Support Services group is looking for best-in-class AV/IT support personnel.
You will provide quality AV/IT support services to internal customers for several sites in Berlin through all available channels, meeting or exceeding their expectations at every opportunity.
The successful AV/IT Support Engineer will be customer focused and motivated by team success. They will be innovative, energetic, and able to adapt to new processes and procedures quickly while dealing with a high volume of high importance requests and ambiguity. They will be committed, flexible, willing to travel, and have demonstrated the ability to maintain high levels of productivity with minimal supervision. They will demonstrate strong initiative and have the ability to learn quickly. PURPOSE OF THE JOB:
This is a hands on AV/IT support position in so much as the successful individual will be required to find solutions from basic to complex problems, implement new and challenging standards whilst holding to the highest bar with regards quality and technical expertise. The ability to build productive relationships with colleagues at remote sites around the world will make you successful in this role as will patience and a sense of humour.
This position requires hands-on experience across a wide AV and IT scope. From AV/DV equipment, AV infrastructure (hardware and software), AV/VC support experience (including installation, configuration and troubleshooting of devices) plus general IT/Networking knowledge related to AV infrastructure and software applications.
Responsibilities also include, but are not limited to, troubleshooting and resolving escalations related to Office applications and VPN as well as providing support for SharePoint, Unix and Windows accounts, permissions, network printing and customer hardware. You must have a strong working experience with these applications and services as well as a solid understanding of networking fundamentals. KEY RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Conduct frequent AV/VC and IT equipment setup/strike tasks, as well as basic troubleshooting and operation.
- AV/DV and IT equipment setup/strike/troubleshooting/operation/maintenance including: video cameras and equipment, computer laptops, DVD, MP3, or other media players, video projectors, VTC endpoints, audio systems and their components, telephones, document cameras, and other miscellaneous AV related equipment or cabling.
- Video conference operation Polycom VTC and CISCO/Tandberg VTC experience
- Professional, discrete and service-minded communication with customers and co-workers in all modes: telephone, email, instant message, text or in person.
- Provide white glove AV meeting support.
- Practice good observation skills i.e. monitor conference room states and address issues proactively.
- Promptly report all needed equipment/conference room repairs and ensure preventive maintenance is performed.
- Work effectively and productively with all AV team members in Berlin and ar other sites.
- Work professionally with all levels of the organization.
- Assist team members on as needed basis.
- Adjust work schedule to business needs.
- Practice active customer service, with exceptional customer follow-through.
- Exhibit attention to detail in all activities.
- Promote teamwork at all times.
- Analyze then establish new AV/DV and IT processes and/or improve existing processes, to bring efficiency, productivity, and positive experiences to the Client’s awareness.
- Provide productive feedback and process improvement ideas to the team.
- Excellent customer facing skills.
- Strong analytical skills with demonstrated problem solving ability.
- Previous experience in which high levels of initiative, judgment, and tact have been demonstrated.
- In addition, you will need a proven ability to operate in extreme high pressure situations, successfully handle multiple competing priorities and possess a high level of discipline while displaying a high degree of flexibility and professionalism.
- Must be willing to work in a fast paced and growing European and global environment where some travel maybe required.
- Ability to develop clear, concise documentation.
- Experience in procurement, inventory and asset management of AV and IT equipment as well as managing the equipment life cycle.
- Hardware knowledge / experience - support and repair.