The AWS Redshift team is looking for you – a software developer with expertise and passion for development in database implementation: query optimization, parallel and distributed execution engines. If you have a passion for software and system building – this role is for you!
AWS Redshift manages all the work needed to set up, operate, and scale a data warehouse, from provisioning capacity and installing software to monitoring and backing up the cluster, to applying patches and upgrades. By automating these labor-intensive tasks, AWS Redshift enables customers to spend their time focusing on their data and business insights, rather than on procuring and managing infrastructure.
Joining the Amazon Redshift team gives you the opportunity to:
- Participate in the design and development of our state-of-the-art data management and analytics infrastructure.
- Work on a disruptive product that’s still in its early stages.
- Solve challenging problems that will revolutionize database computing in the cloud.
- Build a product that will leverage the scale of resources available in the cloud.
In this role, you will:
- Develop efficient database components leveraging standard software engineering methodologies that are maintainable and testable.
- Contribute ideas and code to improve our advanced distributed system for data analytics.
- Translate technical requirements into successfully launched software that improves a major portion of the Redshift Data Warehouse.
- Participate in code and design reviews to maintain our high development standards.
- Improve the development environment via automating and simplifying development, test, and operations processes.
- Work with other teams to ensure functioning software ships and executes correctly in a cloud environment.
- Successfully launch software that improves a major portion of the Redshift Data Warehouse.
- Mentor other engineers, and help to build a fast-growing team.