The AWS Redshift team is looking for you – a Software Development Engineer with expertise and passion for query optimization and parallel and distributed execution engines. If you are interested in conducting independent research and have a passion for software and system building – this role is for you!
AWS Redshift manages all the work needed to set up, operate, and scale a data warehouse, from provisioning capacity and installing software to monitoring and backing up the cluster, to applying patches and upgrades. By automating these labor-intensive tasks, AWS Redshift enables customers to spend their time focusing on their data and business insights, rather than on procuring and managing infrastructure.
Joining the Amazon Redshift team gives you the opportunity to:
- Participate in the design and development of a state-of-the-art query processing framework.
- Work on a disruptive product that’s still in its early stages.
- Solve challenging problems that will revolutionize database computing in the cloud.
- Build a product that will leverage the scale of resources available in the cloud.
In this role, you will:
- Develop and enhance Redshift components that are maintainable and testable, leveraging modern agile software engineering methodologies.
- Translate functional and technical requirements into detailed design documents and code.
- Participate in code and design reviews to maintain our high development standards.
- Contribute to the overall system architecture, scalability, reliability, and performance.
- Work with other teams operate large scale, distributed services in the cloud.
- Successfully deliver into production enhanced Redshift Data Warehouse releases
- Mentor other new engineers and help mature a fast-growing team.