The AWS Redshift team is looking for you – a Senior Engineer with expertise and passion for query optimization and parallel and distributed execution engines. If you are interested in conducting independent research and have a passion for software and system building – this role is for you!
AWS Redshift manages all the work needed to set up, operate, and scale a data warehouse, from provisioning capacity and installing software to monitoring and backing up the cluster, to applying patches and upgrades. By automating these labor-intensive tasks, AWS Redshift enables customers to spend their time focusing on their data and business insights, rather than on procuring and managing infrastructure.
Joining the Amazon Redshift team gives you the opportunity to:
- Participate in the design and development of a state-of-the-art query processing framework.
- Turn research results into world-class software products.
- Work on a disruptive product that’s still in its early stages.
- Solve challenging problems that will revolutionize database computing in the cloud.
- Build a product that will leverage the scale of resources available in the cloud.
In this role, you will:
- Own the design process, implementation, and verification of framework components leveraging standard software engineering methodologies.
- Translate functional and technical requirements into detailed architecture and design.
- Participate in code and design reviews to maintain our high development standards.
- Have responsibility for overall system architecture, scalability, reliability, and performance.
- Work with other teams to deliver and operate large scale, distributed services in the cloud.
- Mentor other engineers, defining our challenging technical culture, and helping to build a fast-growing team.