Amazon Web Services (AWS) is looking for an experienced and motivated technical manager to coach, grow, and partner with technically skilled, customer-facing Solutions Architects. You will help develop the industry’s best cloud-based solutions architects by enabling and coaching them on best practices, solution focus, presentation and speaking skills, as well as how to create and present architectures of widely varying size and complexity. This team will have the opportunity to help shape and deliver on a strategy to build mind share and broad use of Amazon’s utility computing web services (Amazon EC2, Amazon S3, Amazon DynamoDB, Amazon Redshift, AWS Lambda, just to name a few) within a broad range of AWS customers in Germany.
This is a senior management position for someone who can build teams quickly, establish relationships and set strategy at a senior level within AWS, measure and deliver results, and also get hands-on to help build complex, AWS-optimized architectures.
In this role, you will need to be technically capable and credible in your own right as well as effective in shaping the customer and solutions-focused skills of your team. You must enjoy learning and introducing new technology in order to help colleagues and customers embrace and adopt new technology. Furthermore, thought leadership in terms of looking beyond the technology and considering the value technology creates for our customers, and helping to change how technology is viewed are important aspects of the role. You will help team members ramp-up on AWS as well as develop speaking, writing, presentation, and executive interaction skills. You will also need to be adept at interacting, communicating and partnering with other teams within AWS such as account management, service teams, marketing, and professional services, as well as representing your team to executive management.
The ideal candidate has experience building and leading distributed teams of senior architects or solutions architects at large enterprises. Customer-facing experience is required, ideally from having worked as a Solutions Architect or similar role for several years. You will enjoy keeping your existing technical skills honed and developing new ones, so you can make strong contributions to deep architecture discussions.
Previous experience with AWS is desired but not required, provided you have experience working in complex virtualized environments.
This position is based in Munich. Roles and Responsibilities
- As a key member of the business development and account management teams, ensure success in building and migrating applications, software and services onto the AWS platform
- In partnership with the account management team, formulate and execute a customer-focused strategy to drive adoption of AWS
- Hire, on-board, train, and develop new Solutions Architects
- Coach Solutions Architects in the skills needed to conduct one-to-few and one-to-many training sessions so they can transfer deep technical skills to customers who are considering or using AWS
- Capture and share best-practice knowledge amongst the AWS solutions architect community
- Guide and motivate the development of whitepapers, data sheets, and other high-value customer facing guidance and best practices
- Act as a conduit and liaison between customers, service engineering teams and support