Are you excited about building real robots that solve real-world tasks? Are you passionate about applying cutting edge research in computer vision and machine learning to robotic systems? Do you like to own end-to-end business problems/metrics and directly impact the profitability of the company? Do you like to innovate and simplify? If yes, then you may be a great fit to join the Amazon Core Machine Learning Robotics team for a Post-doc in 2018. We are working on exciting problems like object grasping and pick-and-place solutions using machine learning and big data. A successful candidate should have a solid background in robotics and/or machine learning as well as programming experience.
- Research, design, implement and evaluate complex perception, control and decision-making algorithms integrating across multiple robotic platforms
- Work closely with software engineering teams to drive scalable, real-time implementations
- Collaborate closely with team members on developing systems from prototyping to production level
- Collaborate with teams spread all over the world
- Track general business activity and provide clear, compelling management reports on a regular basis
- Represent Amazon in academic community through publications and scientific presentations