Amazon Product Compliance is looking for a smart, energetic, hard-working, and creative candidate to join our team. The successful candidate shows excellent judgment and instincts in decision making and proactively and continually improves their level of knowledge about Amazon’s business, its platform, and relevant technologies. This is an exciting and challenging position that provides Product Compliance support for the European Supply Chain team. This position will develop global strategy, build new solutions and processes, and support the ongoing operations for the global Product Compliance program. We are looking for a talented SME Compliance Program Manager who has direct experience with global consumer product regulations to support our rapidly growing and evolving businesses.
The Compliance Operation group is an integral part of Amazon online product lifecycle and buying operations. The team is designed to ensure Amazon is compliant in the online retail space. The team’s primary role is to Increase selection and improve quality of selection available to the customer by ensuring that only products compliant to all local regulations (safety, social, cultural & environmental) are available to the customer, thus improving customer and seller experience. The tasks handled by this group have a direct impact on shipment of the product and catalog selection. We are looking for a strong leader to drive compliance program management initiatives.
The position is responsible for supporting Amazon’s worldwide compliance program primarily focusing on U.S. regulatory requirements. By supporting compliance approaches while creating innovative solutions that move at internet speed this position will have an opportunity to apply SME level knowledge in new and exciting ways. We are looking for a talented SME Product Compliance Program Manager who has direct experience with global consumer product regulations, testing and compliance strategies to support our rapidly growing and evolving business.
- Applying SME level knowledge of European regulations, to create disruptive and innovative solutions to product testing and compliance. Inventing and simplifying processes and requirements to enable vendors, and supply chain to expand selection and availability globally.
- Manage large and complicated, cross-functional projects
- Develop best-in-class processes and systems, and drive continual improvement.
- Drive scalable business solutions which ensure compliance with consumer product regulations
- Communicate technical regulatory requirements to non-technical stakeholders
- Write rules to auto-classify ASIN's with HTS/ECCN codes based on the detail page/CSI page information
- Manually classify ASIN’s with HTS/ECCN codes based on business requirements
- Ensure that U.S. regulatory requirements are met for products and support other functions such as Retail, Supply Chain, Transportation, Customer Service, and Legal.
- Proven ability to manage large and complicated, cross-functional projects.
- Develop best-in-class processes, systems, and standard operating procedures as well as drive continual improvement.
- Drive scalable business solutions which ensure compliance with consumer product regulations.
- Work cross-functionally and manage compliance training and awareness raising programs in retail, operations and sales teams.
- Communicate technical requirements to non-technical stakeholders.