Do you have a passion for cutting-edge startups? Are you a customer-obsessed, business-savvy networker with exceptional sales acumen, technical aptitude, and excitement for the cloud? Do you have the drive necessary to help establish Amazon Web Services as the key platform for high growth startups in Germany?
As an AWS Startup Business Development Manager (SBDM) you will have the exciting opportunity to help shape the future of the fastest growing technology company in history in Germany. As a member of the EMEA Startup Business Development team, your responsibility will be to identify and establish relationships with startups throughout your core region. Partnering with the most influential startup organizations, incubators, and accelerators in-market, you will work to help increase the adoption of AWS in high growth-potential German technology startups at scale.
The SBDM will use their deep network of in-market contacts and relationships to help establish AWS as a fixture in the German startup community. By working with emerging startup organizations and their cohorts/classes, you will evangelize AWS, help drive AWS adoption within these customer segments, and collect feedback for AWS engineering and service teams to meet the needs of startups. In addition, the SBDM will work with in-market startups to help them achieve their non-technical business goals, managing regional startup-focused incentive programs to help customers thrive. By connecting startups to partners, potential investors, and potential business leads, the SBDM will deliver verifiable business value to AWS startup customers.
The ideal candidate will possess an exceptional sales or marketing business background and demonstrated technical aptitude that enables them to engage with customers at the CXO level alongside developers, data scientists, and IT architects. She/He should also be an entrepreneurial self-starter who is prepared to develop and perform against a regional coverage plan.
Roles & Responsibilities:
- Become a fixture of the German Startup community, you are the face of AWS in your market and an advocate for customers inside of the company.
- Promote and evangelize AWS services in the German startup community.
- Develop and perform against a comprehensive regional coverage and expansion plan.
- Create and articulate compelling value propositions around AWS services and AWS partnership opportunities.
- Help drive and facilitate startup adoption of AWS at scale.
- Maintain a robust projects and opportunity pipeline.
- Identify, onboard, nourish, and support partners to extend their reach and promote AWS adoption.
- Contribute to a positive customer experience. Expect considerable travel.