At Amazon we continually look for opportunities to invent on behalf of our customers helping them to find and discover virtually anything they want to buy online. To this end we are building a range of advertising products that enhance customer experience and are integrated with our core eCommerce platform. We have developed products that demonstrates Amazon’s strength as a world class eCommerce platform and have integrated advertising into the shopping experience from first discovery to purchase.
The future of our business is compelling and we are focused on building a robust, innovative business enabling advertisers of all sizes. Our products range from eCommerce ads that integrate the power of familiar shopping features to visually stunning Kindle screensavers. We can reach customers on Amazon properties, both web and mobile, and across our ad platform.
A strategically important part of our charter is to build a portfolio of self-service, cost per click advertising programs to enable tail advertisers to engage with customers in relevant ways. Examples of products already in the market are Sponsored Products and Amazon Marketing Services. We are building a new team who will own go to market strategy, adoption, advertiser success for existing and new Self-Service Performance Advertising (SSPA) programs. This team will have functional expertise in marketing, product, account management, market analysis and program management. Working directly with advertisers we will develop strong feedback mechanisms to inform and influence the product road-map.
As a EU Program Manager, the ideal candidate will be an exceptionally strong analytical thinker who can demonstrate teamwork, relationship building and be able to influence others. S/he will thrive in fast-paced dynamic environments and have very strong communication and presentation skills. S/he will be detail-oriented, passionate about the customer and comfortable working with numerous stakeholders across the organization and worldwide in an environment that has a considerable amount of ambiguity. The successful candidate should have deep experience in being able to think of ways to understand the business needs while creating and defining systems and processes to support growth. He/she should be able to juggle competing projects, define the road maps to support the business functions and work with the teams to solve complex problems. Roles and Responsibilities
- Develop, implement or maintain existing sales programs as needed throughout the year
- Meet regularly with partners that include, but are not limited to, finance, product teams, sales and sales management, to review the status of the business and collaborate on new methods and tools that can improve the efficiency of our organization and the level of service we provide our customers
- Implement and/or maintain existing Amazon Marketing Services training programs, schedules, and documentation
- Facilitate operational process and policy training for new hires
- Partner with Marketing to develop programs related to outbound and inbound efforts that drive revenue
- Develop relationships and processes with sales, finance, sales operations, and other stakeholders to identify and address reporting issues, gaps in processes, and drive timely resolution
- Prepare ad hoc analysis & participate on projects as needed
- Ensure that Sales Managers have visibility in all aspects of evaluating their teams’ performance
- Organize data and generate deep customer insight in order to enhance sales force productivity and effectiveness
- Interfacing with senior business leaders, gathering requirements and defining project road maps
- Take ownership of all sales processes and projects related to the sales programs
- Learning and leveraging the broad range of Amazon’s data resources and know how, when, and which to use and converting analysis into digestible business intelligence
- Presenting written recommendations and insights to stakeholders that will help shape effective strategies
- Continually improving ongoing reporting and analysis, automating or simplifying the processes
- Key owner for the Tableau, Data Warehouse and key stakeholder for Salesforce.com CRM workflows/implementation