Are you passionate about the intersection of cloud computing and customer facing retail applications? Join the Amazon Pinpoint organization to build large-scale messaging application for app developers and enterprises to engage their users.
We are ramping up the team to build out richer and more engaging interactions and experiences through various channels, and this is a unique opportunity to work with technologies at the bleeding edge and support a high-performing team that is working to change the way developers and enterprises to interact with their customers.
Amazon Pinpoint organization is recruiting a Software Development Engineer who will be responsible for being the technical leader responsible for helping driving messaging products including email and text messages. The organization is developing a highly-scalable service called Amazon Pinpoint that is designed to enable businesses to run targeted campaigns to drive user engagement in mobile apps. You will work with customers and other technology leaders at Amazon to help translate strategic business needs into features and projects, and then work with your team to deliver those features and projects more quickly than many other people may think is possible. Successful candidates will be adept at driving a design and implementation of distributed system and can mentor other engineers to deliver the features and projects on time.
The best part of working with this team is the chance to help customers solve exciting new challenges and create new web-based experiences every day that impacts millions of users. AWS customers are innovators, and you will have the chance to work with them to understand their challenges and design new offerings. Join us and make history building a massive-scale messaging system!
This hands-on position requires broad engineering competence and in-depth technical knowledge of service engineering, as well as demonstrated experience successfully planning, organizing, and conducting software development projects in a dynamic environment. As the Software Development Engineer, you will engage in the following key responsibilities:
- Develop and deploy cloud software framework for Amazon Pinpoint channels
- Design and develop innovative REST APIs, SDKs and micro-services to deliver features.
- Provide technical leadership and contribute to the definition, development, integration, test, documentation, and support of (mainly Java-based) software
- Create new feature and performance improvements
- Prepare technical requirements and software design specifications
- Instill best practices for software development and documentation, making sure designs meet requirements, and delivering high quality software on tight schedule