At AWS, we are building a team of technical and advisory consultants, working on enterprise customer engagements around the world to deliver business outcomes leveraging our cloud services. We also help our AWS partners to develop technical expertise and capacity. We evolve our cloud service with the experience we gain from our engagements. To help build this team and business, we are looking for an Operations Manager with strong organizational, collaboration and communication skills. This role will lead our Operations Functions, building, scaling and executing multiple key business processes to ensure a great experience for customers, great productivity of all consultants, and efficient execution of business operations.
The Teams responsibilities include:
- Business planning; annual and multi-year; lead and program manager the meeting cadence and working meetings to drive business planning for AWS Professional Services.
- Business outlook; drive weekly and monthly mechanisms to outlook our business performance, enabling proactive business execution.
- Opportunity pipeline management; work with sales and Professional Services teams involved in proposing, selling and forecasting new business. Coordinate monthly pipeline reviews to ensure efficient execution of the team to sell new projects.
- Proposal and contract management; coordinate the proposal process to ensure that new projects get proper review and approvals from the business, finance and legal. Ensure good customer experience in the contracting process. Drive measurement of adoption increases and customer satisfaction.
- Resource management; scheduling work with Practice Managers and Project Managers to build skills inventory. Orchestrate the consultant scheduling process to optimize for customer needs, consultant utilization and travel.
- Project accounting; ensure complete and accurate project set up in project accounting system consistent with the contract statement of work for all projects. Drive timely entry of billable time and expenses across the team.
- Billing/invoicing/collections; generate accurate customer invoices for all projects each month. Ensure billing, accounting and receivables teams all get accurate data feeds to track revenue and collections. Work with systems teams to automate the billing process.
- Monthly metrics reporting; collaborate with Practice Managers and the sales operations teams to track and report all key performance indicators against annual, quarterly and monthly goals, by region. Refresh all management dashboards, regional reports and executive review documents.
- New hire on-boarding/training; track all new hires and ensure they have a great on-boarding experience. Maintain on-boarding documents and training plans to help all new hires become productive on customer assignments as soon as possible. Maintain consultant skills matrix and related reporting.
- Reusability and repeatability; track the quantity and quality of knowledge base entries, published samples, case studies and references to annual goals. Drive maximum leverage by ensuring discoverability and utilization of reusable resources. Help specialty practice leaders to package and publish repeatable offerings.
- Communications; drive quarterly and special event internal communications. Work across teams to collect current project updates and progress proof points. Draft team newsletters to ensure cross group awareness and collaboration.
- References; work across field and marketing teams to track and publish customer and partner references earned through successful engagements and partnerships