Amazon seeks a Finance Manager (m/f)
to lead and be part of our rapidly growing world-wide Finance Operations team. The Finance Manager (m/f) will be located in Munich and will be the primary business partner to manage finance operations processes with a strong focus on expansion projects, covering procure-to-pay and revenue-to-receipt processes. This position will partner closely with in-country business and finance leadership to drive new business (integration), support and optimize the daily business, cost-out initiatives centered on reducing defects and eliminating waste and leading improvements in Finance Operations necessary to generate free cash flow opportunities on behalf of the company.
The successful candidate will work closely with the international expansion teams, Project management teams (PMO) and the Operations teams primarily located in India and Slovakia.
The key areas of responsibility will include the following:
- Oversee and manage a multi-million Finance Operations portfolio
- Optimize Finance Operations processes
- Business partner with internal stakeholders (e.g. Retail, Retail Finance, Amazon Web Services, Digital Device and Digital Content and Employees), external business partners (vendors, suppliers, service providers and customers) and other finance teams to drive improvement activities, efficiency and decision support
- Be a key part of prioritization, objectives and organizational development to support the rapid growth and bring function to next level of business partnering and support
- Accountability for Fin Ops processes with focus on processes impacting the relationship with the business
- Initiate and lead business and operations reviews designed to identify expansion projects, changes in business trajectory, controllership and accounting risks
- Driving vendor and customer issues which require a business decision to resolve
- Develop project roadmaps and work with multiple teams to implement effective long-term solutions which optimize the productivity of the team as well that of the business partners
- Lead and build scalable processes to recruit, train and develop multi-lingual business professionals to support business expansion
- Be a key contributor to the consolidated yearly Operating Plan, including global headcount forecasting and detailed analysis of budget to actual results on a monthly and quarterly basis
- Participate in the monthly balance sheet and operations reviews with the Finance Operations VP, Business VP and Directors, and quarterly with the CFO