Alexa Skills Kit is seeking a Data Specialist Manager to join our international data team to provide data analysis support and team management. This manager will directly oversee a team of Language Data Specialists and managers of skilled analyst teams operating out of the EU to drive language solutions for third party developers. This person will build expertise in dialog evaluation processes, work with partner teams to gather data requirements, and drive innovative programs looking to constantly improve data insights. This role will be a key team member in developing new conventions for relevant data workflows and process efficiencies for operational teams. In addition, the Data Specialist Manager will be asked to manage unique data analysis requests that support the overall deliverables for a data analysis team.
The successful candidate will have a passion for data, efficiency, and accuracy. Specifically, the manager will:
- Develop and drive the overall direction, coordination, and evaluation of ASK language data teams across EU sites.
- Set the vision, direction and culture of their teams by managing individual and team performance expectations and goals, monitoring real time service levels and schedule adherence, and holding their teams accountable to meet and exceed performance targets.
- Collaborate with internal partners to build input-focused operating plans for achievement of key measures.
- Inspire front line teams to go beyond the standard “call of duty” to find creative solutions for our product issues; encourage risk-taking, innovation, and advocacy on behalf of product teams.
- Responsible for creating a coaching culture across the EU site with formal and informal coaching opportunities.
- Foster a work environment that respects and is responsive to the needs of a diverse staff.
- Handle unique data analysis requests from a range of data customers, including quantitative and qualitative analyses to elevate the customer and developer experience.
- Lead and evaluate changing conventions, test tooling developments, and pilot processes to support expansion to new data areas.
- Continuously evaluate workflow tools and processes and offer solutions to ensure they are efficient, high quality, and scalable.
- Provide day-to-day expert support for a team of data analysts.
- Provide key support for on-going and new data collection efforts.
Open to location in Berlin or Cambridge, UK