The Free Search team at Amazon has end-to-end responsibility for one of the largest managed marketing channels in the world. Our team is comprised of a marketing (SEO) team, an Engineering team and a Business Analysis team and we are truly international with members of our team in Seattle, London, Paris, Madrid, Munich, Bangalore, Beijing and Tokyo. We develop world leading proprietary technology including an automated experimentation system for measuring and driving SEO changes.
This role has responsibility for both managing end to end SEO for Amazon.de website, as well as SEO product management responsibilities for Amazon’s global SEO product. This position offers an unparalleled opportunity to leverage your understanding of SEO on behalf of one of the world’s leading consumer brands. You will own at least one product feature or project end to end, and be responsible of it’s global scale. To guarantee your success, you will be coached by a strong team of leaders in the SEO field, who will work with you on your strengths and weaknesses to guide you to success.
This position will be based in either Munich, Berlin or London office – depending on the candidates desired location.
The Product Manager (SEO) will be responsible for:
- Contributing with the rest of the pan EU SEO team to improve SEO performance pan EU and in the DE, moving quickly to implement ideas and delivering results
- Auditing and analyzing Amazon, identifying issues, finding root-cause, and experimenting with solutions at scale in order to improve SEO performance
- Conducting SEO experiments in the DE and / or the other EU locales, using rigorous approaches and measurement methods (A/B tests, statistical methods) and proving their effectiveness
- Managing and executing the SEO plan for Amazon.de
- Trouble-shooting small and large site issues and fixing them directly or managing projects to fix them through other teams
- Shaping and executing our strategy to solve complex SEO problems that can have a material difference to our commercial performance.
- Identifying strategic opportunities and prioritizing them against other tactical actions to achieve a balance of short term and long term performance
- Running the weekly and quarterly performance review for DE. Measuring and reporting on performance, and running cause and effect analysis to derive action plans
- Partnering with teams outside of Traffic: running campaigns and educating multiple stakeholders to implement SEO best practices