The Free Search team at Amazon has end-to-end responsibility for one of the largest managed marketing channels in the world. Our team is comprised by a marketing (SEO) team, an Engineering team and a Business Analysis team and we are truly international with members of our team in Seattle, London, Paris, Madrid, Munich, Bangalore, Beijing and Tokyo. We develop world leading proprietary technology including an automated experimentation system for measuring and driving SEO changes.
This role has supporting responsibility for both managing and executing the SEO plan for the Amazon.de website, and as such, the successful candidate will have a proven track record of driving SEO growth. This position offers an unparalleled opportunity to leverage your understanding of SEO on behalf of, and armed with the strength of, one of the world’s leading consumer brands. You will collaborate with international counterparts on multiple projects at once, manage and report the day to day performance of the DE site, run campaigns and educate and advise multiple stakeholders.
This position will be based in Amazon's Munich office.
The SEO manager will be responsible for:
- Contributing with the rest of the pan EU SEO team to improve SEO performance pan EU and in the DE, moving quickly to implement ideas and delivering results
- Auditing and analyzing Amazon, identifying issues, finding root-cause, and experimenting with solutions at scale in order to improve SEO performance
- Conducting SEO experiments in the DE and / or the other EU locales, using rigorous approaches and measurement methods (A/B tests, statistical methods) and proving their effectiveness
- Rolling out successful experiments pan EU with the other team members
- Managing and executing the SEO plan for Amazon.de
- Trouble-shooting small and large site issues and fixing them directly or managing projects to fix them through other teams
- Shaping and executing our strategy to solve complex SEO problems that can have a material difference to our commercial performance.
- Identifying strategic opportunities and prioritizing them against other tactical actions to achieve a balance of short term and long term performance
- Designing and conducting rigorous A/B experiments on the effectiveness and efficiency of different SEO actions that will inform long term strategy. Translating analytical findings into actionable insights and concise business actions and recommendations.
- Work with the WW platform technical teams to continue to enhance the current tools and build new test or measurement capabilities
- Managing and tracking the SEO performance for Amazon.de
- Running our weekly and quarterly performance review for DE and running cause and effect analysis to derive action plans
- Partnering with teams outside of Traffic: running campaigns and educating multiple stakeholders to implement SEO best practices
- Communicating performance to stakeholders within DE traffic and retail teams
- Leveraging global resources to make the DE SEO program a success
- Trouble-shooting complex site issues and either fixing directly or via engineering teams