Amazon Marketplace drives the Selling On Amazon business and develops solutions that enable millions of sellers around the world to sell on Amazon's Marketplaces. One third of shipments for Amazon customers are generated from this business. Sellers on Amazon vary from individuals, who manually manage their businesses, to high-volume enterprises with IT staff that wish to develop real-time machine-to-machine software integration between their backend systems and Amazon. The Merchant Shipping Intelligence team is focused on building a technology platform that will support these individuals and high-volume enterprises to manage all of their shipping needs. The systems, applications and APIs that support Sellers on Amazon that the team builds operate at massive scale, must be highly available, and work on increasingly diverse and distributed devices securely. We strive to bring intelligence to the massive amount of data at our disposal to make managing shipping as easy as possible for these sellers.
We are looking for engineers with strong sense of ownership and passion to solve challenging business and technical problems by building creative and scalable solutions with all sorts of cutting-edge technologies. Our fast-growing team offers excellent opportunity for candidates to participate in all aspects of software development life cycle, as well as drive system evolution, customer satisfaction and business boost.
Successful candidates must be innovative, flexible, self-motivated, capable of designing and writing high-performance, reliable, maintainable code. The ability to function under ambiguity in a fast paced environment is essential. If you enjoy working in a dynamic environment, together with a group of talented engineers to deliver world class mission critical systems, this is the career opportunity for you!
- Work closely with business and technical stakeholders to delivery desired results.
- Participate in the design, development, implementation, testing and documentation of large-scale, multi-tiered, distributed software applications, tools, systems and services.
- Translate functional requirements into robust, scalable and maintainable solutions that work well within the overall system architecture.
- Produce clear and comprehensive software documentation.
- Evaluate and make decisions around the use of new or existing software products and tools.
- Mentor junior development engineers.