At Amazon, we're working to be the most customer-centric company on earth. Amazon Operations with its network of fulfillment centers is at the heart of what we do, delivering hundreds of thousands of items each day and fulfilling customer orders from all over the world. To get there, we need exceptionally talented, bright, and driven people. If you'd like to help us build the place to find and buy anything online, this is your chance to make history.
The Amazon Operations (Customer Fulfillment) Finance team is seeking a Senior Financial Analyst (m/f), External Fulfilment
for our fast growing supply chain and fulfillment network in Germany, Poland and Czech Republic
subsumed as the region Middle Europe (MEU).
In this role, you are the controller and business partner of our MEU External Fulfilment space.
You will work with multiple sites and departments as an advisor enabling decision making for the business. As part of this role you will have strong interaction with the MEU Operations and Supply Chain organization as well as other local and European Finance team. In this role you will influence and drive decisions as well as drive various financial analysis, planning and control activities for the MEU fulfillment center (FC) network and will support strategic initiatives that fuel Amazon's future growth. You will also transform and improve current finance processes (e.g. for planning, reporting and month-end close) to increase efficiency across the MEU Operations Finance team. This position will be located in our corporate headquarter in Munich and requires some travelling to local FCs across MEU.
- 5 Non Sort sites
- 2 Heavy Bulky sites
- 20+ Vendor Flex nodes
- 300+ Dropshipper
- Growing 50%+ YoY Key responsibilities:
The role will have broad responsibility for bringing analytic rigor to the process of evaluating and influencing operating performance, specifically:
- Perform analysis of the MEU Operations External fulfilment network key performance drivers.
- Partner with Operations to drive continuous improvement in financial and operational performance.
- Drive excellence and transform existing processes (e.g. via automation, simplification, centralization, standardization and or) to better address business needs and to drive scale, ensuring effective collaboration across departments
- Support Retail organization and Customer Fulfilment organization by driving business cases to open new operations cells at vendor’s warehouses
- Analyse and report weekly, monthly and quarterly financial performance of the German external fulfilment network to senior leadership team
- Participate and influence negotiations with potential external partners (such as DHL, Hermes)
- Coordinate and Own the financial short, mid and long planning in collaboration with Operations team and supply chain team