External job description
Amazon Web Services (AWS) is looking for a Solutions Architect with network technology skills to provide deep knowledge and innovative leadership to our customers. This position is for a highly technical Subject Matter Expert that can dive deep, work with customers, and work with internal teams to design next generation cloud and hybrid IT architectures. Do you have a unique combination of deep technical knowledge, business acumen and strong interpersonal skills? Do you enjoy innovating? Do you want to influence industry? Do you find it rewarding to educate colleagues and customers? Do you want to learn the very latest in cloud technologies and apply them to some of the most interesting computing workloads in the world? If so, AWS is looking for you!
Amazon aims to be the most customer centric company on earth. Amazon Web Services (AWS) provides a highly reliable, scalable, low-cost infrastructure platform in the cloud that powers critical applications for hundreds of thousands of businesses in 190 countries around the world. At AWS, customer obsession is in our DNA. The successful candidate will get the opportunity to work with a wide array of AWS solution architects and specialists, as well as being brought in as the solutions expert to meet with customers and partners.
Candidates should be knowledgeable in traditional local- and wide-area network technologies, network overlay/virtualization technologies, and software defined network design patterns. Experience working with customers is required to demonstrate and explain solutions. Customer meetings may include customer roles across developers, IT professionals, managers, and executives. Previous AWS experience is preferred but not required. The ideal candidate is as comfortable white-boarding complex network architectures as implementing complex network configuration.
- Design Customer Solutions - Collaborate with the wider AWS teams to help customers and partners architect Networking Solutions that support customers use of AWS Services
- Thought Leadership – Provide thought leadership on solutions that benefit customers through the use of AWS Services. This takes the form of contribution to external publications such as blogs, whitepapers and reference architectures, as well as internal training of Solutions Architects, Professional Services Consultants, Technical Account Managers, and AWS Trainers
- Assist solution providers with the definition and implementation of technical and business strategies.
- Capture and share best-practice knowledge amongst the worldwide AWS solution architect community
- Understand AWS market segments, and industry verticals.
- Understand and exploit the use of internal business support systems.