At Amazon, we are working to be the most customer-centric company on earth. To get there, we need exceptionally talented, bright, and driven people. If you like to help us build a world-class delivery experience, this is your chance to make history. We are looking for a dynamic, organized self-starter to join as a Carrier Manager in our DE Transportation team.
About the role
You will play a key role in developing a leading position for Amazon’s transportation portfolio by owning and managing the relationship between Amazon and our transportation companies. You will own the commercial and strategic relationships with our commercial carriers. On top, you will align with multiple internal stakeholders, which is why you will need to like the exposure and negotiations.
Within the Transportation team, you will handle challenging operational issues that will require a deep analysis of our distribution network, hands-on problem solving mentality and a tenacity to execute solutions that will impact short term and long term operations. You will closely work with and involve functional teams to achieve best in class solutions.
You will drive performance measures, find solutions to complex logistics problems, pursue strategic, commercial, and operational initiatives, and manage innovation projects together with our carriers and across our constantly expanding European Fulfillment Network. Finally, you will be dealing with the inevitable challenges that come with continuous, rapid growth and a dynamic environment.
- Manage the relationship to one or more commercial carriers
- Run commercial and contract negotiations
- Drive and manage strategic and operational projects with the carriers
- Drive innovation by taking ownership of new transportation development and implementing changes with the commercial carriers
- Own and manage the operational setup for the carriers within the DE and EU fulfillment network
- Manage the day-to-day operations
- Review performance metrics (quality, speed, cost, etc.) for outbound transportation and derive improvements from them
- Be the distinguished point of contact for internal stakeholders and other transportation teams, like customer service, finance, network design, forecasting
- Prepare and leads Ops calls, weekly and quarterly business reviews, performance calls, etc.
- Advise Amazon leadership team proactively of critical situations along with mitigation plans
- Solve Transportation related escalations
The position is located in our German headquarter in Munich.