The EU Seller Services team is seeking a Sr. Program Manager (m/f)
to play a key role in advancing shipping solutions for our Marketplace Sellers in Germany. With Seller Fulfilled Prime, Sellers in Amazon’s Marketplace can make their products eligible for the Prime badge while fulfilling orders from their own warehouses. Enabling this option for Sellers while upholding Amazon’s high standard for the Prime customer experience requires fast and reliable shipping services. In this role, you will manage and develop our relationships with commercial carriers providing services to Amazon Marketplace sellers and support technical and operational integrations between Amazon and commercial carriers.
You will join a dynamic team delivering initiatives with tremendous growth potential. The role requires a high level of interaction and synergy with country business teams, global Product Management teams, EU Transportation Operations and the EU finance and leadership teams. You will also interact frequently with Sellers to inform ongoing development of transportation solutions for Amazon Marketplace sellers. The position is can be located in Munich or Berlin, co-located with our Seller Recruiting and Program Management team for Germany.
This role places you at the intersection of evolving two of Amazon’s “life partners” – Prime and Marketplace (see our 2015 Letter to Shareholders to learn more)! Responsibilities:
- Manage the network of carriers delivering shipments from sellers on the Amazon Marketplace to customers, including those supporting the Seller Fulfilled Prime program
- Manage business operations and performance reviews of transportation solution providers
- Maintain and develop SLA’s with carriers/ logistics providers through daily management and process improvements, e.g. through Kaizen projects
- Drive delivery performance improvements with carriers (on time delivery, defect rate, etc.)
- Own weekly and monthly reporting on the state of the initiatives and programs you own
- Engage carriers in analysis of existing network topology of Seller locations and line hauls to pursue changes to improve speed and utilization
- Drive and support improvement initiatives for outbound and returns transportation costs
- Utilize metrics to deep-dive into issues and uncover business-driving trends and patterns
- Identify and pursue opportunities to add new services and features to improve the Customer and Seller experience and growth Prime selection.
- Work with carriers to complete business requirements documents for integration to Amazon’s Buy Shipping Service (a marketplace for Sellers to purchase shipping services)
- Gather requirements and engage with carriers and product teams to implement new features and functions