Amazon is looking for Group Manager
(Virtual contact center/ Work from home) who will have responsibility for up to 180 virtual associates and direct line management of 6-9 virtual working Team Managers.
The number one priority for this role is to ensure that associates are supported to deliver a world class experience. The role will require you to ensure your Team Manager priorities remain focused on supporting their associates. To enable Team Managers to focus on supporting their people, you will oversee the operational delivery of the teams you lead. Additionally, this role is based on a virtual customer support site, and it will require someone who can engage and motivate a team in a fast-paced customer service environment.
The ideal Group Manager ensures that Team Manager priorities and tasks are aligned to supporting associates apply the Amazon Contact Tenets. To achieve this, an ideal Group Manager coaches and supports their Team Managers to build a work environment where associates are engaged and feel a positive sense of achievement about their role in delivering world class service.
You will be responsible for the overall performance and operational delivery of your virtual teams, this will require you to work with key support functions such as Capacity Planning and Quality Assurance to review performance trends and opportunities and take continual action to improve the service level and quality of performance. You will be an escalation point for your Team Manager and their people to take action on issues or barriers impacting the customer experience and will lead Kaizen events to solve people or customer issues. You will represent your team in the wider business, being accountable for creating the input, actions and representation of team performance in standard meeting routines such as metric calls. You will also be a key partner for business teams when operational points of contact to co-ordinate launches, messaging or reviews are required. Successful candidates will demonstrate:
- Knows and communicates the Amazon mission, vision and strategy in a virtual environment
- Understands and owns the controllable elements of service level delivery and quality KPIs and engagement scores
- Ability to use data and insights to prepare metric reviews and start needed actions
- Experience directly leading team(s) of people in an virtual environment
- Ability to communicate to all leadership levels, not only virtual
- Positive communicator who understands when necessary how to have tough conversations
- Create developmental plan for salaried leaders
- Experience interviewing and selecting people who will maintain a high performance bar in Amazon
- Identify and utilize "superpowers" among your leadership organization to support the business
- Leads and participates in Kaizen events to improve the customer and associate experience
- Uses data to identify areas of ongoing improvement in how service is delivered
- Ensure processes are in place for continuous improvement and foster innovation on your teams and on a virtual basis
- Acts as the operational representative for business teams to understand voice of the customer