At the Amazon Development Center Bucharest, part of Amazon Web Services (AWS), we work on cutting edge technology for the cloud computing platforms, with special focus on software virtualization technologies, security, and global-scale tooling for the Elastic Compute Cloud (EC2). As a part of the EC2 Kernel and Operating System organization, we own, drive, and invent the building blocks that are the foundation of the cloud.
We are looking for a passionate, customer-focused, self-driven Technical Project Manager to join our software development teams working on the Linux kernel, operating systems, virtualization, hypervisors, and the platform technologies that power AWS.
You will drive our portfolio of cross-team projects. These are large impact projects that require coordination across several developer teams. You will focus on the larger business and technology picture (customer experience, processes, opportunities, problems to be solved, etc). You’ll make prioritization calls across the portfolio that require both keen business and technical judgment, and will also drive process and tooling improvements to drive greater transparency and efficiency. This is an exciting opportunity for you to gain valuable experience with a vibrant and fast-growing company!
To be successful in this role, you should be comfortable gathering requirements from our clients, creating and maintaining technical project plans and diving into the technical details to understand the nuances and complexities of each project. As a successful Technical Project Manager, you should keeping the program on track across changing requirements and priorities and be tenaciousness and relentlessness in removing blockers while maintaining the trust of the teams across different organizations. You must have exceptional problem solving skills, strong business judgment, and demonstrated experience leading cross-functional teams. We are looking for a proven ability to execute both strategically and tactically, and someone who is excited to take on new, ambiguous projects. This position requires a solid technical background, and the candidate should be customer-focused with a passion for the cloud, and be able to engage and collaborate with teams located in different time zones. Job Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Drive initiatives and work closely with teams across the organization, including hardware, software, and network engineering as well as product management, data center operations, supply chain, procurement, and capacity management.
- Work closely with service owners and partner teams to understand product roadmaps and drive overall new product introduction schedules.
- Collaborate with partner teams to define deliverables, roadmaps, and accompanying documentation for ad-hoc projects and programs.
- Anticipate bottlenecks, manage risk and escalations, and balance the business needs versus technical constraints.
- Clearly communicate with technical owners, product managers, and upper management.
- Drive process and tooling improvements to increase visibility, throughput and output quality.