Amazon opened its virtual doors in 1995 and strives to be the world’s most customer-centric company, where customers can find and discover anything they might want to buy online. The goal of Amazon Logistics is to build a world class last mile operation. Amazon Logistics aims to exceed the expectations of our customers by ensuring that their orders, no matter how large or small, are delivered as quickly, accurately, and cost effectively as possible.
The European Amazon Logistics team is seeking an experienced, innovative, hands on and customer obsessed Process Manager to drive standardization and support Delivery Station launches across our Last Mile delivery network. As a member of the EU Amazon Logistics Engineering team you will be responsible for enabling standard launches from an operational process perspective, whilst also supporting standardization initiatives legacy sites, enabling operations processes to meet safety, customer experience, quality and cost goals. You will act as a key point of contact for process excellence in the country you support; frequently partnering with local Change Management teams. The core process ownership element of this role spans Delivery Station and On-the-Road operations.
This position requires deep customer focus, strong self-motivation and exceptional project management skills. It will involve regular communication with executors and project sponsors at both the European and country level, and requires you to be detail-oriented and comfortable partnering across cross-functional business and technical teams. To be successful in this role, you need to pair strong analytical skills and a data-driven outlook with strong intuition.
This role is based in Germany and will involve frequent domestic travel. Core Responsibilities:
- Support Delivery Station launches from the perspective of layout development and standard process & equipment definition
- Provide process expertise on engineering design including material flow, conveyor, equipment and real estate layouts
- Contribute to network standardization via best practice sharing with EU counterparts and positively contribute to creating and maintaining a culture of standardization
- Support development, continuous piloting, formalizing and deployment of process improvements
- Support the creation of high quality process and equipment standards documentation to support network deployment
- Contribute to audit initiatives and lead results-driven action planning