Work hard. Have fun. Make history.
Our overall mission is simple: We want Amazon to be the place where our customers can find, discover and buy anything online. Whatever our customers want, we will find the means to deliver it. With your help, Amazon will continue to enable people to discover new worlds and implement innovation. This is your chance to make history.
To support our continued growth, we are looking for a “Head of Finance Amazon Fashion Germany” ,based in Munich.
The incumbent will oversee the German Fashion business of Amazon, will own and drive projects at a European level, and will focus on strategic vendors in our Apparel business. You will co-own the results of your business in Germany, be responsible for key finance processes and help us to continue to develop our team.
The Head of Finance will work closely with business leaders across Europe and the broader finance team. You will also help to transform current processes to increase efficiency across the business and organization as well as to enable and influence better decision making via improved transparency of financial results. Key Responsibilities:
The role will have broad responsibilities and partner with various teams and stakeholders to help drive continuous improvement in financial and operational performance of our business. Specifically:
- Be the Finance Partner for Shoes and Apparel Germany, and EU Apparel strategic vendors, driving financial performance across the entire P&L
- Supporting and influencing internal customer groups in all finance and strategic business matters
- Identify issues and establish mechanisms to improve operational excellence as well as business performance, implementing change in conjunction with partnering teams
- Deal with a broad scope of tasks (e.g. business case modelling, lead strategic projects across EU, ad-hoc analyses of business drivers), and establish strong relationships with multiple stakeholders in a matrix organization located across EU (local business leaders, pan EU teams, senior management, Operations, Supply Chain, etc.)
- Drive excellence and support the transformation of existing processes, e.g. via centralization and standardization, to better address business needs
- Impact and influence at a senior level to ensure strong financial controls and create value to the business, with communication with Amazon leadership in UK, Germany, Luxembourg and Seattle.
- Decision making support via analysis of underlying data to help negotiating of commercial terms of contractual / vendor relationships