*This job is based in Greater London, United Kingdom.
Amazon is looking for an energetic, detail-oriented individual to join our Data Centre Engineering Operations Team in the Greater London Area. This committed group works to maintain the critical physical infrastructure that supports Amazon Web Services. Specifically, this team works to ensure that the data centre's MEP operates at 100% availability while maintaining first-class customer service to the teams and groups within the data centres.
The DCEO Engineer is responsible for ensuring that all electrical, mechanical, and fire/life safety equipment within the data center is operating within contract parameters within third party Colocation facilities. Often this will be including risk management and mitigation, corrective and preventative maintenance of critical infrastructure, vendor management and metric reporting.
Responsibilities will include:
1. Assisting in the design and build out of new data halls and facilities.
2. Incident management as either first responder or incident commander.
3. Establishing performance benchmarks, conducting analyses, and preparing documentation reports on all aspects of the critical facility operations and maintenance.
4. Responsibility for the on-site management of sub-contractors and vendors, ensuring that all work performed is in accordance with established practices and procedures.
5. Managing the relationship with third party Colocation providers and their facility staff.
6. Reviewing vendor RAMS (Risk Assessment Method Statements) and MOPs (Methods of Procedure) and ensuring all safety procedures are adhered to while performing work.
6. Responsibility for the operation and management of both routine and emergency services on a variety of critical systems such as: switchgear, generators, UPS systems, power distribution equipment, chillers, cooling towers, computer room air handlers, building monitoring systems etc.
7. Data Center capacity planning and reporting.
8. Assisting in projects to increase current Facility efficiency.
9. Working with IT managers and other business leaders to coordinate projects, manage capacity, and optimize plant safety, performance, reliability and efficiency.
10. Delivering quality service and ensuring all customer demands are met.
11. Procurement of DCEO related expenditure.
12. Responsibility for asset and inventory management.
13. Assisting in recruiting efforts.
14. Working 12 hour rotating Day/ Night shifts and flexibility to travel between sites.