Program Manager Launch and Expansion Amazon Logistics
Amazon opened its virtual doors in 1995 and strives to be the world’s most customer-centric company, where customers can find and discover anything they might want to buy online.
We are seeking an experienced Program Manager to support the EU Network Development. The successful candidate will be part of the team responsible for program managing strategic large scale cross functional launch and expansion projects and new project initiatives. These will include a conception and execution of a number of new sites across the EU.
Programs will include partnering with real estate, engineering, IT and other stakeholders to help expand the network of Amazon Logistics nodes in the EU to facilitate the organization’s growth plans, and other cross functional Supply Chain, Transportation, Engineering & Infrastructure initiatives. The work of this team will include facilitation of approval from functional leaders, project prioritization & scheduling and resource allocation efficiently and effectively. You will be a natural self-starter who is comfortable supporting large, complex cross functional projects. You will have a true hands-on approach, strong project management skills, and be an effective communicator. This position involves regular communication with senior management on status, risks and change control.
In order to be successful in this position, you need to be comfortable interfacing and driving various functional teams and individuals at all levels of the organization. Keeping an open mind, sense of humour, drive and ambition will help you remain innovative in our culture. This will be an exciting opportunity for you if you possess a high level of autonomy and integrity while managing a variety of job responsibilities.
The AMZL DE Launch & Expansion team is looking for several Program managers who want to create a best-in-class last mile network. Starting from the first ideas where to place a delivery stations all the way to the final launch and handover to operations you are responsible for the entire project cycle of product from start to finish. Be it site selection, volume planning and design, business case and approval loops or project management with a huge group of internal/external stakeholders and partners – you are the one keeping everything together.
Manage several competing priorities ensuring critical projects remain visible to all stakeholders whilst maintaining a plan for less urgent matters
· Dive deep into various work streams and not be afraid to learn about each stakeholders contribution, challenges
· Write and review business cases using information acquired from various stakeholders
· Prioritize projects with biggest impact on our business, propose and obtain approval from relevant functional leaders, and schedule resources
· Possesses a broad technical background and has the ability to “roll up their sleeves” and jump in if needed, along with managing
· Find practical and simple solutions to complex problems without sacrificing quality or core functionality
· Be comfortable in different roles, sometimes supporting, sometimes leading
· Take accountability while providing status, ask for help, and immediately escalate issues and problems as necessary
· Maintain the overall project schedule that enables the teams to be successful based upon the project milestones and Go-Live
Interface with all necessary functions within the company