Are you passionate about driving the transition from mobile to voice apps, exploring the new possibilities offered by voice user interfaces (VUI) and solving fundamental technical problems associated with it? Would you like to own driving the technical strategy for Alexa Skills in Europe, enabling developers to create great voice-first experiences on 5+ languages across 7+ countries? Would you like to grow & inspire a highly talented team of Solutions Architects, UX Designers and Tech Evangelists assisting developers of all size, across all sorts of industries, through one-to-one relationships and one-to-many mechanisms? Would you like to engage directly with C-level executives of strategic partners and with engineering leaders at Amazon to shape the future of Alexa Skills SDK?
We are looking for an experienced Technical Leader, Alexa Skills EU.
The ideal candidate is a technologist who can navigate VUI design, front-end applications, speech recognition, natural language understanding and cloud-based infrastructures to remove blockers and identify business opportunities & technical solutions, both short-term and long-term. He/she will have experience growing the skill set of a diverse tech team, building a community and developing tech talents. The ideal candidate will also be comfortable working cross-functionally with business leaders and engineering teams to maximize the potential from a new technology. Roles & Responsibilities:
- Together with the broader team, helps develop the strategic plan for Alexa Skills in Europe, particularly the technical elements of the strategy and plan to engage customers and partners.
- Build the Alexa Skills tech community in Europe, ensuring that best practices are shared and scaled.
- Grow the skill set of Solutions Architects, UX Designers and Evangelists within Alexa Skills EU; develop top talents; evolve key functions in line with the tech needs for Alexa Skills.
- Enable the Business Development and Marketing teams, within Alexa Skills EU and beyond, to more autonomously drive their day-to-day interactions with key prospects.
- Drive the technical relationship with strategic developers to create new opportunity pipelines.
- Work closely with the Alexa product & engineering teams to help evolve Alexa Skills SDK and maximize its potential.