Amazon Advertising exists at the intersection of marketing and ecommerce and offers advertisers a rich array of innovative advertising solutions across Amazon owned properties as well as third party properties Amazon operates. We believe that advertising, when done well, can greatly enhance the value of the customer experience and generate a positive return on investment for our advertising partners.
We are looking for a motivated, analytical, self-starter to join our Shopper Marketing team and help pave the path for the next generation of insights and advertising products. The Shopper Marketing team is part of the Analytics and Insights team (A&I) within the Amazon Advertising Organization, one of Amazon's fastest growing businesses.
The A&I team is chartered with developing and delivering insights derived from Amazon (and third party) data to empower advertisers to reach their business objectives.
You will take consumer insights, advertising effectiveness knowledge and business information needs of our advertising clients to envision new advertising products and tools. You will facilitate innovation on behalf of our customers through prototyping and delivering fully functional proof of concepts (POCs). You will partner with our engineering and platform teams to develop and scale successful POCs.
This role requires strong hands-on skills in terms of effectively working with data and coding. However, the ideal candidate will also bring strong interpersonal and communication skills as the incumbent is expected to directly engage with advertising clients to validate the need and impact of prototypes, as well as to generally stay connected to insights needs of account teams and advertisers.
This is a truly exciting and versatile position in that it allows you to apply and develop your hands-on data modelling and coding skills, to directly engage with stakeholders at major brands while at the same time offering opportunities to work with engineering teams to scale successful innovations. Specific Responsibilities
- Create new analytical products from conception to prototyping. Scale the product through to production
- Leverage Amazon's data to conduct research on consumer behavior (in the context of media planning). Make findings available via publishing learning white papers
- Represent the "voice of the customer", identify repeatable solutions that can be built to scale to serve more advertisers. Act as a liaison to product teams to help productize these solutions
- Work closely with the Engineering team
- Work closely with sales, retail and account management to make data-driven decisions around media planning and strategy
- Utilize Amazon's marketing measurement and data platforms to help our advertisers understand the impact of their marketing investments with Amazon